For many years, many associations and institutions operating in the handicap field have felt the necessity to regroup their resources in order to found a federation to better claim and protect the rights and interest of the Haitian disabled community in order to facilitate it global integration in the Haitian society.
Once more, this idea was brought on line by Mr. Jean Chevalier Sanon during a meeting held on November 3th, 2000 at the head office of the Healing Hands Foundation of Haiti " a rehabilitation medical center" where he is also one of the co-founders.
This proposition was granted a lot of interests among the members and has been subjected to many other meetings relatively.
Finally, on December 5th, still at the same head office, The "Haitian Federation of Associations and Institutions of Disabled Persons "FHAIPH". was founded and was officially recognized by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Manpower on February 28th, 2001. The creation of the FHAIPH has resulted to the initiative of implanting sportsactivities for persons with disabilities under the authority of the National Paralympic Committee of Haiti and Special Olympics Haiti for the HANDISPORT movement.
FHAIPH is a non profit organization working to the profit of the Haitian Disabled Community. It regroups all Associations and Institutions willing to contribute either directly or indirectly to facilitate the integration and Inclusion of disabled persons in Haiti. FHAIPH was granted the N.G.O. Status by the Ministry of Plan and External Cooperation in may 24th, 2007 and direct its activities in the following domains such as: health and rehabilitation, sports and leisure, education, administrative and financial supports, research and development, communication, advocacy and legal assistance, and capacity building.The Federations regrouped as of today 58 associations and institutions members operating on all 10 departments of the country and is also supported by a national network of young volunteers dispersed on 142 communities of Haiti.
The FHAIPH wears a board of seven members. This board is composed as follows:
A Vice President.
1) 2000: Creation of the FHAIPH.
2) 2001: Introduction of the Paralympic Movement in Haiti.
3) 2002: Capacity building (ASHCA, SOHAMO).
4) 2003: Introduction of Special Olympics movement in Haiti,
5) 2004-2006: initiation Football on stand and institutional strengthening ASHCA, SOHAMO, SOSAMADEPHI.
6) 2005: Accreditation of FHAIPH as National Paralympic Committee
7) 2007: International Competitions: PARAPAN Brazil; China (Two medals David Rosenthal); SOH; Para day.
8) 2008: Training in advocacy techniques for 25 associations;
9) 2009: Creation of INCLUSION Band; Survey on Living Conditions of People with Disabilities in Haiti; creation of the Association of Women with Disabilities in Haiti; participation 'the development of the Act for the Integration of Persons with Disabilities Partnership with health DASH, Creation of the National Network of Young Volunteers Haiti
10) 2010: Humanitarian aid has' 32 associations; Capacity building VIHAMO, Psychosocial Rehabilitation 200 disabled children
11) 2011: Summer Camp; Leadership training to 500 young, Infirmary; Concept 5 A (Acceptance, Affirmation, Autonomy, Accessibility, Achievement) presented the United Arab Emirates in Dubai in the United States of America Colorado, Costa Rica and Haiti.
12) 2012: Thought Leaders; Digicel School in Mersan; UNICEF; Plan strategies.
L'une des activites de la FHAIPH un match " Football Ampute"
La Federation Haitienne Des Associations et Institutions des Personnes Handicapees d'Haiti . FHAIPH .org " Football Ampute
Renforcement Institutionel des Institutions membres de la FHAIPH.
Les Organisations membres de la FHAIPH,lors de l'une de nos activites " Renforcement Institutionnel.Formation des Coaches et Volontaires CNSOH.
Formation des coaches de SOH et des Volontaires.Renforcement des capacites.
Formation des Volontaires & Coaches...
Pour une explication approfondie du mot Handicap
You can follow our different activities on Facebook, and share our activities and tell us what you think about ...